Ladies, our next Women’s Central Perk scheduled for June 9 will be at Painting with a Twist [ 2020 S Fry Rd / 832-391-8858 ]. So grab a friend, something yummy to share, and join us at 7:00pm.
This event is open to the public (not just Cornerstone ladies) SO BE SURE TO REGISTER EARLY. We will be painting large tote bags and the cost is $40 per person. If you are not able to attend, please consider sponsoring someone else to go. Sponsorships can be paid to Cornerstone directly.
To register visit: Painting with a Twist Cornerstone. Be sure to complete the box, “I want to sit with” – Cornerstone EPC
Fill a baby bottle and be a blessing! The Pregnancy Help Center of Katy offers free services and ultrasounds to mothers in an unplanned pregnancy situation, as well as programs and ministries to help guide good life skills and godly choices. Your small change makes a big difference, so take home a baby bottle today and return it by Father’s Day.
Why: To put into action Cornerstone’s mission: “Renewing our families, our communities, and our world by bringing faith and life together in Christ.” – To be a blessing to our community – To come along side the Arc of Katy and help them minister to those who might be considered by some to be the “least of these”.
Who: The Arc of Katy (A 501(c)(3) Corporation) works to create opportunities for all children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) that enable each person to be a participating and respected member of our community and to grow in mind, body and spirit.
When: 8:00AM to 3:00PM Monday through Friday each week beginning June 5 through August 18
Where: Cornerstone’s gym
How: There are MANY ways to pitch in. Which one works for you?
Prayer: Most importantly, pray! Pray for Arc, their staff and campers. Pray for good weather over the summer. Pray for the Arc Team as we begin to meet together. Pray that the Lord would use all of us at Cornerstone to be a blessing and proclaim the gospel.
Cornerstone Days @ the Arc: Join us for one or more Cornerstone Days @ the Arc: Wednesday, June 7, Wednesday July 5 or Wednesday, August 2. There are several ways you can help.
- 10:30AM Community Crafts: Volunteers will assist the Arc campers creating crafts which will be delivered to various area ministries. (contact Carol Kutzer about this assignment at (281) 579-1080 or info@CornerstoneKaty.org.)
- 12:00PM Lunch: help prepare and serve lunch to the Arc campers and staff. (contact Linda Cover) Please visit: www.volunteersignup.org/EXLBB to sign up for menu items.
- 12:30PM Activity Time: After lunch, our Cornerstone youth spend time doing fun physical activities. (contact May Gourlay)
ARC Sunday: Each summer, invite the campers and their families to worship with us one Sunday. This summer, Arc Sunday will be August 6. We will start the morning with a continental breakfast. Then the campers will share a song or two with our congregation during the worship service and also be invited to assist our teams of Ushers and Greeters.
Open House: At the end of the summer the ARC has a tradition of hosting an Open House for the friends and families of the ARC campers. This is a highly energetic event where the campers show off the skills they have learned over the summer, projects they have completed and give the families a taste of their experiences. We would like to provide a reception for those who attend this event. We will need baked goods and beverages and people to serve them. This event is scheduled for Thursday, August 10 around 1:00PM. (contact Doniece Russell)
Security Shift: The Arc needs people 18 years and older to sit at the front door of the gym for 1 shift each day. The morning shift is from 8:00AM to NOON. The afternoon shift is NOON to 3:00PM. Just sit and read, play Angry Birds on your phone or write the next great American novel – just be there to be a gate keeper. We would like to cover as many of these shifts as possible and to make it as convenient as possible. If you are interested in volunteering with the Arc of Katy outside of Cornerstone events, you will need to complete the volunteer application. For information about volunteering with the Arc of Katy please visit: http://thearcofkaty.org/volunteer
I look forward to hearing from you.
Get the latest updates on our EPC missionary help captive in Turkey. forgotten american in turkey
Ever wonder why Jesus taught in parables? Parables reveal the secrets of the Kingdom of Heaven – secrets that are hidden from some and life-changing for others. Join us in May and June for a closer look at these parables.
Join us this Sunday as we celebrate our biggest group of high school graduates for several years.
Enjoy! Frontlines May 2017
We are so excited to welcome our newest member to our team of Childcare Workers, April Sanchez-Rocha. Stop by the nursery room and give her a big welcome.
You are invited to join us on Sunday, May 7 as we celebrate our high school graduates: Abigail Kutzer, Beth Magee, Mercer Sanger, Jonathan Tucker and Baylor Wrubel. During the worship service that morning, we will be recognizing them and praying for the next stage of their lives.
Immediately following the service, we hope you will stick around for the 2:42 Lunch where we plan to continue the celebrations. We are planning a pizza buffet bar – something to help them kick-start their “freshman 15”. Be a part of celebrating our largest graduating class in several years.
You may be wondering why we call our fellowship lunches “2:42 Lunch”. It is because Acts 2:42 is the motivation for these quarterly lunches. “And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.”
Anyone wanting to carpool from Cornerstone can meet us at 4:45pm.
Below is a final update from Buck Oliphant:
- The retreat will start with a 7:00 pmdinner at Camp Cho-Yeh on Friday, April 21st, and conclude shortly after lunch on Saturday, April 22nd.
- The address of Cho-Yeh is 2200 South Washington Ave., Livingston, TX, 77351.Unfortunately, there are two exits off of 59 that lead to Cho-Yeh, and one of them will not get you to where we are going. I’m including an attachment to assist with this; however, if you set your GPS on the 2200 S. Washington Ave address, it should lead you there. Do not exit at the Main Entrance with the big sign. Go about 1/3 of a mile further north to exit on the paved service road which leads to Washington Ave.
- If you have not yet paid, please send or bring with you a check for $90, payable to CEPC.
- We will be sleeping in nice rooms, but they have bunk beds. We will have 2-4 people to a room with everyone having a lower bunk bed. Plug-ins are available if you use a CPAP, as I do. Earplugs will be provided if you have a snoring roommate.
- You will need to bring your own linens, towels, pillows and covers. In each room there is one queen-size bed and all the others are standard twin-size beds (I call them single beds). The queen-size bed will work best for the tallest person in your room. If you are tall, you may want to bring queen-size sheets.
- Once you get to Cho-Yeh, we will be meeting at the facility on the left side of the road (the Conference Center), not on the right (Summer Camp).
- Due to lack of interest, there will be no skeet shooting, so no need to bring your guns.
I look forward to seeing you all there!