This event is right around the corner. There are still a few items needed for the lunch. To sign up for these last few menus items please visit: Arc Lunches Sign Up
You can be a blessing by helping out, providing food and/or enjoying fellowship at the following Arc events in August:
- Wednesday, August 2 – Cornerstone Day @ the Arc – Linda Cover is coordinating lunch for about 40 people. Please sign up to provide menu items: Arc Lunch Sign Up or contact Linda for more information.
- Sunday, August 6 – Arc Sunday – Join us at 10:00AM for a continental breakfast and fellowship with the Arc families followed by worship at 10:30AM.
- Thursday, August 10 – Arc Open House – We would like to bless them by providing a reception following. Can you help us provide refreshments? Please visit: Arc Open House Sign Up or contact Doniece Russell for more information. Thank you!!!!!!
Start your Saturday morning off helping out at the Cornerstone Work Day at 8:00 a.m. ( Work Day information ). Then head over the Lott’s for swimming and fellowship starting at 3:00 p.m. ( Pool Party information ).
Everyone is invited to join us on Saturday, July 1 at the Lott home at 3:00 p.m. for our annual pool party. Hot dogs with all the fixings will be provided. BYOB and side dishes or desserts. BYO-Meat if you don’t want hotdogs (a grill will be available). You should also bring your own lawn chairs and swim equipment. To RSVP please contact Alisa Cotton.
Enjoy? Frontlines June 2017
Do your kids need something to do this summer? Let them spend time growing relationships with their Cornerstone siblings and having fun. What you need to know:
- When: Thursday, June 15 and/or Thursday July 13
- Time: 9:00am – 3:00pm
- What: Activities include crafts, cooking, story time, bugs, splash/wet play, scavenger hunts, and snacks. Each date will have different activities
- Who: All Cornerstone kids ages 3 through 5th grade (next fall). You may invite a guest if space allows.
- Cost: $15 per child per day. Or $35 per family of 3 or more kids per day.
- What to bring: Lunch, bathing suit under their clothes, swim towel
- To register: complete this 2-page Kids Camp Registration Form and turn into the church office. Or ask Carol for a hard copy.
Let’s have some FUN!
Fill a baby bottle and be a blessing! The Pregnancy Help Center of Katy offers free services and ultrasounds to mothers in an unplanned pregnancy situation, as well as programs and ministries to help guide good life skills and godly choices. Your small change makes a big difference, so take home a baby bottle today and return it by Father’s Day.
Why: To put into action Cornerstone’s mission: “Renewing our families, our communities, and our world by bringing faith and life together in Christ.” – To be a blessing to our community – To come along side the Arc of Katy and help them minister to those who might be considered by some to be the “least of these”.
Who: The Arc of Katy (A 501(c)(3) Corporation) works to create opportunities for all children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) that enable each person to be a participating and respected member of our community and to grow in mind, body and spirit.
When: 8:00AM to 3:00PM Monday through Friday each week beginning June 5 through August 18
Where: Cornerstone’s gym
How: There are MANY ways to pitch in. Which one works for you?
Prayer: Most importantly, pray! Pray for Arc, their staff and campers. Pray for good weather over the summer. Pray for the Arc Team as we begin to meet together. Pray that the Lord would use all of us at Cornerstone to be a blessing and proclaim the gospel.
Cornerstone Days @ the Arc: Join us for one or more Cornerstone Days @ the Arc: Wednesday, June 7, Wednesday July 5 or Wednesday, August 2. There are several ways you can help.
- 10:30AM Community Crafts: Volunteers will assist the Arc campers creating crafts which will be delivered to various area ministries. (contact Carol Kutzer about this assignment at (281) 579-1080 or info@CornerstoneKaty.org.)
- 12:00PM Lunch: help prepare and serve lunch to the Arc campers and staff. (contact Linda Cover) Please visit: www.volunteersignup.org/EXLBB to sign up for menu items.
- 12:30PM Activity Time: After lunch, our Cornerstone youth spend time doing fun physical activities. (contact May Gourlay)
ARC Sunday: Each summer, invite the campers and their families to worship with us one Sunday. This summer, Arc Sunday will be August 6. We will start the morning with a continental breakfast. Then the campers will share a song or two with our congregation during the worship service and also be invited to assist our teams of Ushers and Greeters.
Open House: At the end of the summer the ARC has a tradition of hosting an Open House for the friends and families of the ARC campers. This is a highly energetic event where the campers show off the skills they have learned over the summer, projects they have completed and give the families a taste of their experiences. We would like to provide a reception for those who attend this event. We will need baked goods and beverages and people to serve them. This event is scheduled for Thursday, August 10 around 1:00PM. (contact Doniece Russell)
Security Shift: The Arc needs people 18 years and older to sit at the front door of the gym for 1 shift each day. The morning shift is from 8:00AM to NOON. The afternoon shift is NOON to 3:00PM. Just sit and read, play Angry Birds on your phone or write the next great American novel – just be there to be a gate keeper. We would like to cover as many of these shifts as possible and to make it as convenient as possible. If you are interested in volunteering with the Arc of Katy outside of Cornerstone events, you will need to complete the volunteer application. For information about volunteering with the Arc of Katy please visit: http://thearcofkaty.org/volunteer
I look forward to hearing from you.
On Saturday, April 1 at 9:00 a.m., Cornerstone will host a two hour course on CPR, First Aid and AED training. This course is required for our childcare workers and we are extending it to our volunteers. If you have teenagers who babysit they would definitely benefit from taking this course. Cost is $35 per person (payable to Unique Services) and the certification is good for two years.
It is time for Kidz Club to resume at The Gallery of Katy Apartments (1007 South Mason Rd). We begin Tuesday, March 21 and run through May 2. Meeting times are Tuesdays at 4:00–5:15 p.m. If you are interested in being involved please contact Evelyn Saugier.