Beginning this Sunday, October 15 you may drop off your food items purchased for Feeding B4 Feasting. Look for the red barrel in the church office. Please click the link to sign up for specific items: SignUpGenius – Feeding B4 Feasting
Posts tagged “serve” show on the Serve page.
This is Cornerstone’s 11th year to host our Feeding B4 Feasting event. The purpose of Feeding B4 Feasting is to provide Thanksgiving meals for the hungry before we enjoy our own feasts. This year, our meals will be provided to Katy Christian Ministries, who will distribute them to the least, lost and left behind in the Katy ISD area. Our goal is to put together 16 boxed Thanksgiving meals. Please consider helping in the following ways:
• Sign up to bring menu items by visiting: SignUpGenius-Feeding B4 Feasting 2017
• You may leave your donations in the red barrel in the church office.
• In lieu of providing food (particularly perishables like turkeys, pies, breads, etc) consider donating a gift card from HEB.
• Write a letter to the family who will receive the meal.
• Include a favorite recipe with all the ingredients with a special note as to why it’s a family tradition.
• Pray for the families receiving the meals.
The CSCK families will spend the morning of November 12th decorating boxes and writing letters and prayers to the KCM customers.
If you are a current Children’s Ministry volunteer and have not attended a Volunteer Workshop in the past three years, or hope to begin working with our children or youth in the near future, please plan to attend this important event. Mark your calendars for Saturday, September 16 at 9:00am to 2:00pm. You will receive training on the new Check-In procedures and the Planning Center. We will also review our current Child Abuse Prevention Policies and Cornerstone policies as they relate to our children.
Please bring a sack lunch! Dessert, snacks and beverages will be provided. Childcare WILL BE provided upon request.
If you prefer a weeknight to a weekend for training, please let Carol know. If enough people are interested, we can add another Workshop and spread it over 2 or 3 nights.
To sign up or for more information please contact Carol Kutzer at 281-579-1080 or info@CornerstoneKaty.org.
Summer break is almost over. This means the Arc of Katy will soon be leaving us. It has been a wonderful summer full of crafts, food, and play time.
We have one last event with the Arc. We are providing a reception at their annual Open House on Thursday, August 10 at 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. Everyone is invited to join the celebration. Doniece Russell is coordinating the reception. She would like everyone to know she still needs a few volunteers to help at the event and a few food items are still needed. To sign up, please visit: Arc Open House Sign Up
Thank you to everyone who has pitched in with our efforts to bless and encourage the Arc of Katy during their stay here on campus. Especially:
- Cosecha de Vida for moving their worship out of the gym for the summer
- Linda Cover and Lee Williams for creating wonderful lunches
- May Gourlay and Tucker Kutzer for providing recreation
- Doniece Russell for helping out with Community Crafts and coordinating the Open House
The campers and staff at the Arc of Katy have told us over and over how they look forward to their summers here at Cornerstone. Not only because they love the facilities, but because of the way we love on them while they are here. Their campers are truly some of the happiest people we know. If you have not spent time with them, you are missing out on a great blessing.
This event is right around the corner. There are still a few items needed for the lunch. To sign up for these last few menus items please visit: Arc Lunches Sign Up
You can be a blessing by helping out, providing food and/or enjoying fellowship at the following Arc events in August:
- Wednesday, August 2 – Cornerstone Day @ the Arc – Linda Cover is coordinating lunch for about 40 people. Please sign up to provide menu items: Arc Lunch Sign Up or contact Linda for more information.
- Sunday, August 6 – Arc Sunday – Join us at 10:00AM for a continental breakfast and fellowship with the Arc families followed by worship at 10:30AM.
- Thursday, August 10 – Arc Open House – We would like to bless them by providing a reception following. Can you help us provide refreshments? Please visit: Arc Open House Sign Up or contact Doniece Russell for more information. Thank you!!!!!!
Start your Saturday morning off helping out at the Cornerstone Work Day at 8:00 a.m. ( Work Day information ). Then head over the Lott’s for swimming and fellowship starting at 3:00 p.m. ( Pool Party information ).
Our campus is in need of some TLC. There will be jobs for every skill level; both interior and exterior. Please plan to attend one or more of the July Workdays. Saturdays 8:00 a.m. – NOON. July 1, 15 and 29. Please contact Mark Williams for more information.
Why: To put into action Cornerstone’s mission: “Renewing our families, our communities, and our world by bringing faith and life together in Christ.” – To be a blessing to our community – To come along side the Arc of Katy and help them minister to those who might be considered by some to be the “least of these”.
Who: The Arc of Katy (A 501(c)(3) Corporation) works to create opportunities for all children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) that enable each person to be a participating and respected member of our community and to grow in mind, body and spirit.
When: 8:00AM to 3:00PM Monday through Friday each week beginning June 5 through August 18
Where: Cornerstone’s gym
How: There are MANY ways to pitch in. Which one works for you?
Prayer: Most importantly, pray! Pray for Arc, their staff and campers. Pray for good weather over the summer. Pray for the Arc Team as we begin to meet together. Pray that the Lord would use all of us at Cornerstone to be a blessing and proclaim the gospel.
Cornerstone Days @ the Arc: Join us for one or more Cornerstone Days @ the Arc: Wednesday, June 7, Wednesday July 5 or Wednesday, August 2. There are several ways you can help.
- 10:30AM Community Crafts: Volunteers will assist the Arc campers creating crafts which will be delivered to various area ministries. (contact Carol Kutzer about this assignment at (281) 579-1080 or info@CornerstoneKaty.org.)
- 12:00PM Lunch: help prepare and serve lunch to the Arc campers and staff. (contact Linda Cover) Please visit: www.volunteersignup.org/EXLBB to sign up for menu items.
- 12:30PM Activity Time: After lunch, our Cornerstone youth spend time doing fun physical activities. (contact May Gourlay)
ARC Sunday: Each summer, invite the campers and their families to worship with us one Sunday. This summer, Arc Sunday will be August 6. We will start the morning with a continental breakfast. Then the campers will share a song or two with our congregation during the worship service and also be invited to assist our teams of Ushers and Greeters.
Open House: At the end of the summer the ARC has a tradition of hosting an Open House for the friends and families of the ARC campers. This is a highly energetic event where the campers show off the skills they have learned over the summer, projects they have completed and give the families a taste of their experiences. We would like to provide a reception for those who attend this event. We will need baked goods and beverages and people to serve them. This event is scheduled for Thursday, August 10 around 1:00PM. (contact Doniece Russell)
Security Shift: The Arc needs people 18 years and older to sit at the front door of the gym for 1 shift each day. The morning shift is from 8:00AM to NOON. The afternoon shift is NOON to 3:00PM. Just sit and read, play Angry Birds on your phone or write the next great American novel – just be there to be a gate keeper. We would like to cover as many of these shifts as possible and to make it as convenient as possible. If you are interested in volunteering with the Arc of Katy outside of Cornerstone events, you will need to complete the volunteer application. For information about volunteering with the Arc of Katy please visit: http://thearcofkaty.org/volunteer
I look forward to hearing from you.
Easter is fast approaching. We are hoping to host 130 or more people for breakfast and that means we need help! If you are able to assist, please fill out the back of the bulletin insert this Sunday and drop it in the offering plate or give to Alisa Cotton. The Fellowship Team thanks you for your willingness to help create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all our Easter attenders.