Posts tagged “serve” show on the Serve page.
This Saturday, December 2nd, Bridges Int’l is excited to host a Christmas Party for their international student friends! Their hope is that as they celebrate Christmas with their students and share the gospel through the Christmas story that many will learn the truth of Jesus and believe in Him. They need help with food for the Christmas party. Will you consider helping?
Here are the things needed:
– Main Dishes: Rice with veggies, Spaghetti with sauce (no meat), Macaroni & Cheese, Vegetable Lasagna, Red Beans with Rice (no pork), and Chicken (baked/fried)
– Side Dishes: Sweet or Mashed Potatoes, Beans or Peas, Asian Noodles Summer Squash Corn or any other vegetable
– Salads: Potato Salad, Carrots, Apple, Raisin, Raw Veggies, Spinach Salad
– Desserts: Cookies, Pies, Cakes, Fresh Fruit
If you do not want to prepare food, money is acceptable and needed to purchase extra food such as ethnic food or pizzas.
They need the food by 4:00 p.m. (this Saturday, Dec. 2nd) at the BSM (4801 Calhoun Rd, Houston, TX 77004)
Also, you are welcome to attend the Christmas party (5-9pm) and help with set up before or clean up after the party.
Please e-mail Lily Wu at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 318-525-6708 (cell#) with any questions.
Thank you so much for considering their need!
Bridges’ biggest need is prayer. Please pray for the following:
- that God will help the UH Bridges staff with all the details and planning for the Christmas party
- for God to soften the hearts of the international students to be open to Jesus
- for many students to accept Christ through hearing the gospel and the true meaning of Christmas
This year Cornerstone will be supporting Pregnancy Help Center by offering a PHC Christmas Tree, just as we have the past two years. For three weeks, beginning Sunday, November 26, we will have the tree in the Sanctuary Foyer filled with “ornaments”. Each paper ornament will have an item printed on it that you may purchase to help the women and their families – anything from items for the babies and toddlers, to maternity clothes, to Gift Cards. We will have a Christmas box near the tree where you can leave your donated items. Our last day to receive donations will be Sunday, December 10.
The mission at the PHC is to minister to the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of women and their extended families as they deal with the circumstances surrounding a present, potential or former pregnancy, by sharing the truth and love of Jesus Christ. They provide pregnancy tests, peer mentoring for men and women, educational classes and the Earn While You Learn (EWYL) program. PHC encourages and teaches healthy parenting. They also provide abortion recovery classes for those that are in need of healing.
Come Friday, November 24 at 10am and help prepare the campus for the Christmas season. Junior high kids and above are welcome to help. If you need childcare, please call the office at 281-579-1080. If you would like to bring a snack that would be great, if not, feel free to enjoy food brought by others. Contact Lauren Torregano, 832-741-5785, with questions.
There are only 2 more weeks to sign up and drop off food items for the Feeding B4 Feasting food drive. Please click on the link below to see what is still needed and then look for the red barrel in the church office to drop off items.
To date, giving has been really slow. Most likely this is due to Harvey relief efforts. If possible, please help us create 16 Thanksgiving meals for the customers of Katy Christian Ministries.
Feeding B4 Feasting 2017
Beginning this Sunday, October 15 you may drop off your food items purchased for Feeding B4 Feasting. Look for the red barrel in the church office. Please click the link to sign up for specific items: SignUpGenius – Feeding B4 Feasting
This is Cornerstone’s 11th year to host our Feeding B4 Feasting event. The purpose of Feeding B4 Feasting is to provide Thanksgiving meals for the hungry before we enjoy our own feasts. This year, our meals will be provided to Katy Christian Ministries, who will distribute them to the least, lost and left behind in the Katy ISD area. Our goal is to put together 16 boxed Thanksgiving meals. Please consider helping in the following ways:
• Sign up to bring menu items by visiting: SignUpGenius-Feeding B4 Feasting 2017
• You may leave your donations in the red barrel in the church office.
• In lieu of providing food (particularly perishables like turkeys, pies, breads, etc) consider donating a gift card from HEB.
• Write a letter to the family who will receive the meal.
• Include a favorite recipe with all the ingredients with a special note as to why it’s a family tradition.
• Pray for the families receiving the meals.
The CSCK families will spend the morning of November 12th decorating boxes and writing letters and prayers to the KCM customers.
If you are a current Children’s Ministry volunteer and have not attended a Volunteer Workshop in the past three years, or hope to begin working with our children or youth in the near future, please plan to attend this important event. Mark your calendars for Saturday, September 16 at 9:00am to 2:00pm. You will receive training on the new Check-In procedures and the Planning Center. We will also review our current Child Abuse Prevention Policies and Cornerstone policies as they relate to our children.
Please bring a sack lunch! Dessert, snacks and beverages will be provided. Childcare WILL BE provided upon request.
If you prefer a weeknight to a weekend for training, please let Carol know. If enough people are interested, we can add another Workshop and spread it over 2 or 3 nights.
To sign up or for more information please contact Carol Kutzer at 281-579-1080 or info@CornerstoneKaty.org.
Summer break is almost over. This means the Arc of Katy will soon be leaving us. It has been a wonderful summer full of crafts, food, and play time.
We have one last event with the Arc. We are providing a reception at their annual Open House on Thursday, August 10 at 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. Everyone is invited to join the celebration. Doniece Russell is coordinating the reception. She would like everyone to know she still needs a few volunteers to help at the event and a few food items are still needed. To sign up, please visit: Arc Open House Sign Up
Thank you to everyone who has pitched in with our efforts to bless and encourage the Arc of Katy during their stay here on campus. Especially:
- Cosecha de Vida for moving their worship out of the gym for the summer
- Linda Cover and Lee Williams for creating wonderful lunches
- May Gourlay and Tucker Kutzer for providing recreation
- Doniece Russell for helping out with Community Crafts and coordinating the Open House
The campers and staff at the Arc of Katy have told us over and over how they look forward to their summers here at Cornerstone. Not only because they love the facilities, but because of the way we love on them while they are here. Their campers are truly some of the happiest people we know. If you have not spent time with them, you are missing out on a great blessing.
This event is right around the corner. There are still a few items needed for the lunch. To sign up for these last few menus items please visit: Arc Lunches Sign Up
You can be a blessing by helping out, providing food and/or enjoying fellowship at the following Arc events in August:
- Wednesday, August 2 – Cornerstone Day @ the Arc – Linda Cover is coordinating lunch for about 40 people. Please sign up to provide menu items: Arc Lunch Sign Up or contact Linda for more information.
- Sunday, August 6 – Arc Sunday – Join us at 10:00AM for a continental breakfast and fellowship with the Arc families followed by worship at 10:30AM.
- Thursday, August 10 – Arc Open House – We would like to bless them by providing a reception following. Can you help us provide refreshments? Please visit: Arc Open House Sign Up or contact Doniece Russell for more information. Thank you!!!!!!