VBS 2019 – June 17-20
Cornerstone has a rich VBS history…although it has been a few years since we’ve hosted one. Now that we no longer are housing The Arc of Katy each summer, we can return to blessing our neighborhood. And just how do we do that when such a large portion of the children in our neighborhood speak Spanish? The obvious answer is collaborating with Cosecha de Vida and hosting a bilingual VBS. This is a HUGE need in the Katy area – not just Memorial Parkway. There are endless options for English speaking children….but not for Spanish speakers.
We are behind schedule getting this ball rolling, but we are trusting the Lord to provide all we need – supplies, volunteers and children! Be on the look out for more information, but here is what we can share for now.
- When? June 17 -20
- Where? Cornerstone campus
- Who? This will be an all-hands-on-deck event. Even if you cannot volunteer at the event, you can help out behind the scenes in some fashion.
- What if I’m not bilingual? It’s not necessary because members of Cosecha de Vida are. Each class will have an English and a Spanish teacher and assistants.
- Can Cornerstone children participate? Absolutely! This will be an excellent opportunity for our children to help welcome visiting children and make them feel at home.
- What ages may participate? Students should be at least 4 years old, potty trained and able to handle a chaotic atmosphere. Age limit for students will probably be 10 years old. Anyone older can volunteer!
- The most immediate need? PRAYER! And we need a few people to help us plan this event. This team will also include members and leadership from Cosecha de Vida.
- How can I sign up to help? For now, contact Carol Kutzer.