Project Recovery Harvey – A Note from Harris Co
Dear Harris County residents,
On April 13, 2019 Harris County officially launched the Harvey Project Recovery. If you or someone you know is a homeowner who lives inside Harris County but outside the Houston City limits, who suffered damage during Harvey, please go to www.harrisrecovery.org and fill out a pre-application for assistance. For those living within incorporated Houston here is a direct link to the city’s program.
Possible avenues for help include:
- Up to $80,000 for help repairing a damaged property.
- Up to $160,000 for reconstruction on your own property.
- Up to an additional $40,000 on homes qualifying for reconstruction that require elevation.
- Up to $50,000 for reimbursements on repairs already made.
- Opportunities for buy-outs and relocation for those who qualify.
In the meantime, the County hopes that you will share this information with your friends, neighbors, and anyone else who you know took damage to their property during Harvey. The County is working to make sure that they are reaching out to as many people in our community as possible to let them know about the program.
If you would like Harris County to send additional information to your church, civic club, school, or volunteer organization, the most current downloadable flyers are available on its website www.harrisrecovery.org.