If you are a current volunteer and have not attended a Volunteer Workshop in the past three years or hope to begin working with our children or youth in the future, please plan to attend this important event. We will review our current Child Abuse Prevention Policies and Cornerstone policies as they relate to our children.
Why is this training important? While tedious, completion of this training (which is required by our insurance provider) will help us create a warm, welcoming and safe environment for our members, attenders and most importantly, our visitors.
Please join us Saturday, October 26 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. A light lunch and dessert will be provided. Childcare can be provided if needed. To register or for more information, please contact Carol Kutzer at 281-579-1080 or info@CornerstoneKaty.org.
If you are unable to attend, please mark your calendars for the next Volunteer Workshop on Monday and Tuesday, April 27 & 28 from 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
As I process the offerings each week, I am reminded of all the ways people donate…but everybody may not be aware of all of them. So here is a list of all the different ways you can donate to Cornerstone. Which one works best for you?
- Regular Check dropped in the offering plate. Pros: teaches your kids regular giving as they see you put in the plate each week. Cons: you forget to write the check, or your lose it all together. (I have found a few in the recycle bins.)
- Bank Check sent from your bank when you set up Cornerstone EPC as a “bill”. On your banking website, you set up how much and how often. Then the bank sends the checks like clockwork. This is my method of choice.
- Charitable Giving Funds which generate scheduled checks, much like your bank. I hear there are some super tax benefits for those who use this method.
- Online Giving through our website. While PayPal handles these transactions, you do not need an account to use this feature. Access our Giving Page and click on the Giving Button. You can also set up regular scheduled payments.
- AmazonSmile allows you to support Cornerstone EPC every time you shop. When shopping use our unique Amazon Smile Link. Remember, only purchases at smile.amazon.com (not www.amazon.com or the mobile app) support charity. Confirm the organization you wish to support is Cornerstone Evangelical Presbyterian Church. Do this now before the holiday shopping season begins.
- Good Neighbor Donations are rare, but I still occasionally receive a check from Randalls’ Good Neighbor donations. If you shop at Randalls or Albertsons link your frequent shopper card to Cornerstone with the code 5009.
- Cash is king, so they say. However, unless you put your cash in an envelope with your name on it, there is no way to track your giving….if this is important to you.
Either way, thank you for supporting Cornerstone EPC.
May God bless you,
Heart-To-Heart Coffee: As our women’s mentoring ministry gets ready to kick off this fall, there will be an Informational Coffee at Evelyn Saugier’s home on Sunday, October 13, at 3:00 p.m. All Cornerstone women and visitors are invited! Attending the coffee does not obligate you to participate, so we hope you will come to learn more!
Friends by the Fire: Ladies, you are invited to join us on the church patio on Thursday, October 24 at 6:30 p.m. We want to share snacks and/or desserts – so bring your favorite – and something to drink. Bring a friend and come enjoy some food and fellowship. If you have any questions, please contact Doniece Russell.
Worship for October 6, 2019
Men, please join us for the next Men’s TWC this Saturday, October 5 at 6:00 p.m. at Tom Lott’s home (5334 Harris Woods Trace, Fulshear). TWCs are events for men who attend Cornerstone (and their friends) to enjoy time together discussing theology. Bring your favorite beverage and munchies if you are able. Contact Tom for more information at email@example.com.
Christ Church PCA in Katy (10818 Gaston Rd, Katy, TX 77494) will be hosting Break the Cycle presentations from Child Advocates of Fort Bend on Wednesday evening, October 2 at 6:30 p.m. In addition to our own congregation, we are pleased to invite other community organizations in Fort Bend County to attend these informative sessions as well.
Children are a special blessing and responsibility, as Scripture attests in Matthew 18:1-6. In light of this reality and recent incidences of abuse in churches in the Houston area, the Session of Christ Church believes it is prudent and appropriate to equip the members of our congregation and the people of our community to address this serious plague on society. Therefore, Christ Church will be hosting child abuse experts from the Fort Bend County Child Advocacy Center to make presentations to adults on how to speak to children about abuse, as well as separate sessions for teens and elementary-aged children. These are not “sex education” presentations, but discussions intended to open lines of communication between parents and children, to remove the stigma of abuse to allow for open dialogue, and to empower children to be able to speak up about inappropriate contact. Please see the attached brochures from Child Advocates for more information.
We encourage you to pass this information on to the members of your organization, and invite them to take advantage of these experts to better prepare themselves and their children to address this delicate yet serious subject matter. We are providing a Chick-Fil-A dinner for attendees, so we ask that anyone wishing to attend visit this link to RSVP and fill out a form with the number of attendees so that we can order sufficient food for everyone attending:
If you have any questions, you may contact the Christ Church office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 281.392.0002) or Lindsey Castellanos of Child Advocates of Fort Bend (email@example.com or 281.344.5259).
Scheduled for Saturday, September 14 at 6:00 p.m. at Tom Lott’s home. TWCs are events for men who attend Cornerstone (and their friends) to enjoy time together discussing theology. Bring your favorite beverage and munchies if you are able.
On Friday, September 13 at 6:30 p.m., bring your favorite drink and wear comfy clothes for lounging in front of the TV at Doniece Russell’s home. There will be pizza, water, coffee, and various teas available, and a basket if you want to pitch in a few dollars towards the pizza. If you can’t or forget to get cash don’t worry just, please come! We do need an idea of how many people are coming so we know how much pizza to order so please RSVP to Doniece. It’s never too late to let us know you are coming! We know everyone is already tired just from getting the kids into school, so hopefully this will be an easy, no fuss gathering!
We just created a PayPal.Me account. Use this link to donate to Cornerstone: PayPal.Me/CornerstoneEPC
Help spruce up the campus before our Presbytery guests arrive at the end of the month. To sign up please Click Here. Then scroll down to “Church Work Day”.