Hello Cornerstone family,
During our time of isolation, let’s join in the work of God by praying together as a church family for our church and community, the global church, and the world. Select a 30-minute time slot and pray during that time every day this week, from Monday (March 30) through Sunday (April 5). Follow the link below to see more details and sign up.
Sign-up to pray
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact Kathleen Shumate who can sign you up manually.
Liturgy for March 29, 2020
Thank you Thomas family for your work in putting together this helpful list.
- Pray. Some are affected very deeply by this. (Some are facing quarantine, either self or mandatory. Some are alone, wage loss or job loss, uncertainty, anxiety.)
- Prioritize Scripture reading. Alone and together as a family.
- Text people that you prayed for them.
- Facetime / Video conversations and hangouts regularly.
- Record Prayer Videos. Example: A family setup a camera and prayed together for our family and then sent it to us on Facebook.
- Share that HEB (and some other stores) are allowing “seniors only” to shop for the first hour they are open.
- Ask to pick up groceries for those that are higher risk. (More info to come around this idea.)
- If you have sidewalk chalk, write encouraging messages or pictures so people driving by can see them. (Our neighborhood is doing this together. Everyone is going to drive around on Saturday.)
- For $15 a month you can have a ZOOM.com account and video call with up to 100 people.
- Share reputable FACTS and their sources. We were sent a message the other day saying that “country’s without 5G cell towers don’t have COVID-19…”
- Stay in contact. Email, Social Media, Text, Video Calls
Helpful Apps: (Other than text and Facebook.)
- What’s App (International text messaging)
- Marco Pollo (Video messaging app. Easy to use.)
- Among Us (Game for up to 10 people played over the internet all together. Takes about 10 minutes a round. All ages, lots of fun. We setup a speaker phone and play.)
- Zoom (Free video calls)
While you are talking with others or comforting someone during this difficult and unprecedented time, “rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep”. These are hard times and people are going to react in different ways. We need to be understanding of that. Listen with the purpose of understanding, identify with them, let them know you are there.
fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Is 41:10 ESV)
In response to CDC and Harris county guidelines for public gatherings in an effort to stop the spread of the coronavirus, worship for the next couple of weeks, at least, will be live-streamed from our facebook page at 10:30am Sunday mornings.
We encourage you and your family to continue to participate in corporate worship by joining us on Facebook live through the link below. In addition, please download the bulletin for the responsive readings and songs.
Cornerstone facebook page
Worship bulletin for March 22
Liturgy for March 22, 2020
Worship for March 15, 2020
Worship for March 8, 2020
Worship for March 1, 2020
Worship for February 23, 2020
Worship for February 16, 2020