Raising children is difficult. The main focus of Cornerstone’s Children’s Ministry is to come alongside parents in their discipleship role over their kids. While, as parents, we are given the charge to impress God’s truth upon our children, we are part of a larger covenant family to whom we are committed and is committed to us. That means we are not alone in this calling and “children’s ministry” is happening whenever children are with the covenant family, whether that’s worship, workdays, mission trips, gospel university, etc.
In terms of the more formalized (programatic) things we do, we want our children to:
- know that Jesus loves them.
- understand that they are cared for and loved and that they are an important part of our covenantal family.
- experience the power of praying for one another and being in Christian fellowship with one another.
- learn the story of creation, the fall of man, and the redemption of man.
- be trained in catechisms that have proved their worth over the years.