We still need people to sign up to bring food and a few volunteers for Graduation Sunday, next week. Please click here then click on Graduation Lunch. Thank you for pitching in!
The long anticipated CPR certification class is this Saturday, April 27 at 10:00 a.m. It will last approximately 2 hours and costs $35 to attend. The class is just about full. If you are interested in attending please contact Carol at 281-579-1080 or info@CornerstoneKaty.org
Scheduled for this Saturday, April 27 at 6:00 p.m. at Tom Lott’s home. TWCs are events for men who attend Cornerstone (and their friends) to enjoy time together discussing theology. Bring your favorite beverage and munchies if you are able. Contact Tom for more information.
Dear Harris County residents,
On April 13, 2019 Harris County officially launched the Harvey Project Recovery. If you or someone you know is a homeowner who lives inside Harris County but outside the Houston City limits, who suffered damage during Harvey, please go to www.harrisrecovery.org and fill out a pre-application for assistance. For those living within incorporated Houston here is a direct link to the city’s program.
Possible avenues for help include:
- Up to $80,000 for help repairing a damaged property.
- Up to $160,000 for reconstruction on your own property.
- Up to an additional $40,000 on homes qualifying for reconstruction that require elevation.
- Up to $50,000 for reimbursements on repairs already made.
- Opportunities for buy-outs and relocation for those who qualify.
In the meantime, the County hopes that you will share this information with your friends, neighbors, and anyone else who you know took damage to their property during Harvey. The County is working to make sure that they are reaching out to as many people in our community as possible to let them know about the program.
If you would like Harris County to send additional information to your church, civic club, school, or volunteer organization, the most current downloadable flyers are available on its website www.harrisrecovery.org.
Join us for Graduation Sunday when our high school seniors will be recognized during worship service. Afterwards, there will be a Cinco de Mayo Taco Bar Lunch and everyone at Cornerstone is invited. We hope you will attend and contribute in some way. Feel free to bring graduation cards loaded with encouragement. To RSVP and sign up to contribute please Click Here
Cornerstone has a rich VBS history…although it has been a few years since we’ve hosted one. Now that we no longer are housing The Arc of Katy each summer, we can return to blessing our neighborhood. And just how do we do that when such a large portion of the children in our neighborhood speak Spanish? The obvious answer is collaborating with Cosecha de Vida and hosting a bilingual VBS. This is a HUGE need in the Katy area – not just Memorial Parkway. There are endless options for English speaking children….but not for Spanish speakers.
We are behind schedule getting this ball rolling, but we are trusting the Lord to provide all we need – supplies, volunteers and children! Be on the look out for more information, but here is what we can share for now.
- When? June 17 -20
- Where? Cornerstone campus
- Who? This will be an all-hands-on-deck event. Even if you cannot volunteer at the event, you can help out behind the scenes in some fashion.
- What if I’m not bilingual? It’s not necessary because members of Cosecha de Vida are. Each class will have an English and a Spanish teacher and assistants.
- Can Cornerstone children participate? Absolutely! This will be an excellent opportunity for our children to help welcome visiting children and make them feel at home.
- What ages may participate? Students should be at least 4 years old, potty trained and able to handle a chaotic atmosphere. Age limit for students will probably be 10 years old. Anyone older can volunteer!
- The most immediate need? PRAYER! And we need a few people to help us plan this event. This team will also include members and leadership from Cosecha de Vida.
- How can I sign up to help? For now, contact Carol Kutzer.
You’re invited to join us March 23rd for a morning of colorful fun! This family fun event is a joint fundraiser between Christ Clinic, Clothed by Faith, Compassion Katy, The Ballard House, Katy Christian Ministries, and Hope Impacts; nonprofits that aid the under-served in the Katy community.
Kingsland Baptist Church
20555 Kingsland Blvd
Katy, TX 77450
March 23rd, 2019 – 8:00am-11:00am
Register to: Run/Walk/Volunteer/Sponsor or Be a Vendor!
Register by March 10th to be guaranteed a race shirt at packet pickup! We still have room for Sponsors, Vendors, Runners/Walkers, and lots of Volunteers! Sign up now! (Registrations and packet pickup not available on race day.)
5K – $30
10K – $45
Kids Dash – $15
Groups of 10 or more get a discount! (contact email@example.com for discount code)
Can’t participate in the race or want to participate from home? Donate to the race and your donation will help 6 local nonprofits continue to change the lives of local families in need!
The new 2019 Cornerstone Directory and the March edition of Frontlines, our monthly newsletter will be available Sunday, March 3. Be sure to see Linda Cover for your family’s copy.
The 2019 Cornerstone Directory will be printed soon. If you have not already provided a family photo please do so now. You may email them to info@CornerstoneKaty.org. Thank you!