Sovereign Wings of Hope (SWOH), one of the missions Cornerstone supports, is hosting an online prayer event Sunday, June 27 at 6:30 p.m. For more information click HERE.
The due date for all Feeding B4 Feasting food donations is fast approaching. We have reached 75% of our needed donations….leaving 25% still open. Please consider helping us cover that last 25% so that all the donated HEB cards and donated dollars can be used to purchase turkeys. Click here to sign up.
Friday, May 22nd, SWOH is hosting another Day of Prayer. You have two opportunities to pray with us: a LIVE online Prayer Meeting @ Noon (CT) and another LIVE online Prayer Meeting at 5:30 pm (CT). Each Prayer Meeting will be 30 minutes long.
We want to continue to faithfully pray and support SWOH’s ministries in Uganda even as our lives continue to change in light of the Coronavirus Pandemic.
Would you join us this Friday to pray?
We are using Zoom to gather to pray remotely. You will be able to join us from anywhere with internet and a computer or smartphone.
Noon (Central Time) Prayer Meeting
Meeting ID: 751 0037 0710
5:30 pm (Central Time) Prayer Meeting
Meeting ID: 745 4742 3821
Thank you for your continued support.
Our Contact Information
Sovereign Wings of Hope Ministries
P.O. Box 218432
Houston, TX 77218
We kicked off this year’s food drive a little later than in years past. Please be sure to CLICK HERE and select “Feeding B4 Feasting” and sign up for the food items you would like to bring and maybe sign up to help with wrapping or sorting. Items are due by November 17.
The purpose of Feeding B4 Feasting is to provide Thanksgiving meals for the hungry before we enjoy our own feasts. And this is Cornerstone’s 13th year to host this food drive. We will accept donations through November 17. Our goal is to put together 16 boxed Thanksgiving meals. Please consider helping in the following ways:
- Sign up to bring menu items by visiting: https://signup.com/go/GCzZqnE and clicking on “Feeding B4 Feasting 2019”
- You may leave your donations in the red barrel in Carol’s office.
- In lieu of providing food, consider donating money a gift card from Kroger.
- Write a letter or prayer to the family who will receive the meal.
- Include a favorite recipe with all the ingredients with a special note as to why it’s a family tradition.
- Pray for the families receiving the meals.
- Help sort, pack, shop and deliver food on Monday, November 18 at 9:00 a.m.
- Help wrap the boxes on Tuesday, November 12 at 1:00 p.m.
The CSCK families will spend one Sunday morning in November decorating boxes and writing letters and prayers to the families receiving the boxed meals.
This year our Feeding B4 Feasting ministry is supporting a different organization. We are happy to announce we will be distributing the boxed meals between Memorial Parkway Elementary, MP Junior High and Taylor High School. What a great way to serve our neighbors!
Sunday, June 16 (Father’s Day) is the due date for all the Pregnancy Help Center baby bottles. Hopefully, you will be returning them full of change. However, if they are still empty, don’t fret. Please return empty bottles too as they can be reused next year. Thank you, everyone.
The 2019 Guatemala team consists of: Orgeny C, Eric D, Jim K, Kara K, Carol K, Jack K, Marta M, Pablo M, Colton N, Haylee N, Jeremy S, Lauren T, and Becky Y. Please be in prayer for the team, all the preparations, their health and safety, and most importantly…the work God has prepared for them to do in Guatemala.
If YOU would like to be part of the team, there is still time. There is space for three more people. You have until June 15 to join the team.
Join us on Tuesday, April 30 at 7:00 p.m. for the next meeting about the mission trip to Guatemala. We will discuss more information about fundraising, our itinerary, and what needs to be done between now and then. Also note, the first installment of $200 is due May 1.
It has been a couple of weeks since our Guatemala Info Meeting. If you missed that meeting, please feel free to ask Jim Kolesar or Carol Kutzer for further information. If you are reasonably certain you plan to be part of the mission trip then we need a deposit of $200 by May 1st. Please write your check to “Cornerstone EPC” and write “Guatemala 2019” on the memo line.
We are beginning to collect luggage for the trip. This luggage will be used to transport donated items and our VBS gear. We will leave the the luggage in Guatemala. If you enjoy shopping at thrift stores and garage sales, please keep this trip in mind.
It is time to start fund raising now. We have a form letter which you can use to send out to friends and family now. However, please do not send it to your Cornerstone family. We don’t want them to be inundated by requests.
Cornerstone has a rich VBS history…although it has been a few years since we’ve hosted one. Now that we no longer are housing The Arc of Katy each summer, we can return to blessing our neighborhood. And just how do we do that when such a large portion of the children in our neighborhood speak Spanish? The obvious answer is collaborating with Cosecha de Vida and hosting a bilingual VBS. This is a HUGE need in the Katy area – not just Memorial Parkway. There are endless options for English speaking children….but not for Spanish speakers.
We are behind schedule getting this ball rolling, but we are trusting the Lord to provide all we need – supplies, volunteers and children! Be on the look out for more information, but here is what we can share for now.
- When? June 17 -20
- Where? Cornerstone campus
- Who? This will be an all-hands-on-deck event. Even if you cannot volunteer at the event, you can help out behind the scenes in some fashion.
- What if I’m not bilingual? It’s not necessary because members of Cosecha de Vida are. Each class will have an English and a Spanish teacher and assistants.
- Can Cornerstone children participate? Absolutely! This will be an excellent opportunity for our children to help welcome visiting children and make them feel at home.
- What ages may participate? Students should be at least 4 years old, potty trained and able to handle a chaotic atmosphere. Age limit for students will probably be 10 years old. Anyone older can volunteer!
- The most immediate need? PRAYER! And we need a few people to help us plan this event. This team will also include members and leadership from Cosecha de Vida.
- How can I sign up to help? For now, contact Carol Kutzer.