Posts tagged “serve” show on the Serve page.
As you no doubt understand, Cornerstone relies heavily on the good efforts of all of us to maintain basic services and facilities of the church. The Deacons are scheduling a work day at Cornerstone starting at 9:00 a.m. on April 20.
There are a variety of tasks ranging from ‘light’ to ‘heavy’ needing completion to maintain good condition of the facilities and safety of our members, especially our kids. We have particular need for the following talents: painting, overseeing Boy Scouts, light carpentry, and cement work. The Deacons would particularly appreciate two volunteers who would be willing to go secure materials on the 18th or 19th so that the crew on the 20th can spring to task quickly and efficiently.
This is also a great opportunity to bond with fellow church members you know well, and to come to a deeper knowledge and appreciation of those you don’t. Bring your family, and let them grow closer to their church community. Organizing the day requires a good headcount, so please let Joe Gourlay know as soon as you can if you or any member of your family will join us.
Your help is needed to pull off the egg hunt following worship service on Easter morning. Please click here and choose Easter Morning Egg Hunt.
The link to sign up for VBS has been fixed. Click here and choose “VBS 2019 – Volunteering”.
VBS Meetings: Starting April 15 all the way through VBS we will meet every other Monday night at 7:30pm. These meetings are open to anyone who is ready to sign up or just looking for more information.
The VBS 2019 team (Kristin Corkran, Carol Kutzer, Marta & Pablor Monroy) is ready to start recruiting volunteers. Please click here and select VBS 2019-Volunteers to see all the different options available. Contact anyone on the team if you have questions.
Cornerstone has a rich VBS history…although it has been a few years since we’ve hosted one. Now that we no longer are housing The Arc of Katy each summer, we can return to blessing our neighborhood. And just how do we do that when such a large portion of the children in our neighborhood speak Spanish? The obvious answer is collaborating with Cosecha de Vida and hosting a bilingual VBS. This is a HUGE need in the Katy area – not just Memorial Parkway. There are endless options for English speaking children….but not for Spanish speakers.
We are behind schedule getting this ball rolling, but we are trusting the Lord to provide all we need – supplies, volunteers and children! Be on the look out for more information, but here is what we can share for now.
- When? June 17 -20
- Where? Cornerstone campus
- Who? This will be an all-hands-on-deck event. Even if you cannot volunteer at the event, you can help out behind the scenes in some fashion.
- What if I’m not bilingual? It’s not necessary because members of Cosecha de Vida are. Each class will have an English and a Spanish teacher and assistants.
- Can Cornerstone children participate? Absolutely! This will be an excellent opportunity for our children to help welcome visiting children and make them feel at home.
- What ages may participate? Students should be at least 4 years old, potty trained and able to handle a chaotic atmosphere. Age limit for students will probably be 10 years old. Anyone older can volunteer!
- The most immediate need? PRAYER! And we need a few people to help us plan this event. This team will also include members and leadership from Cosecha de Vida.
- How can I sign up to help? For now, contact Carol Kutzer.
Immediately following worship service on March 31, there will be a brief meeting for those who want to learn more about a possible Guatemala mission trip this Summer. The meeting with take place in the Fellowship Hall.
During worship service this Sunday (March 24) Pastors Eric DiCesare and Pablo Monroy will share about a possible mission trip to Guatemala this summer.
After having the floors of the Ed Bldg cleaned this week, we need some muscle to help move the furnishing back into several of the classrooms. If you can help, please be at the Ed Bldg by 9:30am. Thank you!
This is Cornerstone’s 12th year to host our Feeding B4 Feasting food drive. The purpose of Feeding B4 Feasting is to provide Thanksgiving meals for the hungry before we enjoy our own feasts. We will accept donations starting October 21 through November 11. Our goal is to put together 16 boxed Thanksgiving meals for the customers of Katy Christian Ministries. Please consider helping in the following ways:
- Sign up to bring menu items by visiting: Feeding B4 Feasting 2018
- You may leave your donations in the red barrel in the Carol Kutzer’s office.
- In lieu of providing food (particularly perishables like turkeys, pies, breads, etc) consider donating a gift card from Kroger ($25)
- Write a letter to the family who will receive the meal.
- Include a favorite recipe with all the ingredients with a special note as to why it’s a family tradition.
- Pray for the families receiving the meals.
The CSCK families will spend the morning of November 11th decorating boxes and writing letters and prayers to the KCM customers.
If you are a current volunteer and have not attended a Volunteer Workshop in the past three years or hope to begin working with our children or youth in the future, please plan to attend this important event. We will review our current Child Abuse Prevention Policies and Cornerstone policies as they relate to our children.
Why is this training important? While tedious, completion of this training (which is required by our insurance provider) will help us create a warm, welcoming and safe environment for our members, attenders and most importantly, our visitors.
Feel free to bring a sack dinner, but dessert will be provided. Childcare can be provided if needed. To register or for more information, please contact Carol Kutzer at 281-579-1080 or info@CornerstoneKaty.org. Both nights will start at 6:00pm (finish around 9:00pm).